Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Terror, a new book idea, 30% written, four days old

Okay, so Sully from Sullyland is on temporary vacation. The murders, the tailing of suspects, evidence collection will all have to wait. I've got a great idea for a new novel that I'm provisionally calling The Terror, for lack of any good ideas for a title. It's for young adults or adults who feel young. I'm in the second category incase you were wondering. It has Action, Romance, Drama, Clash of Personalities, and Zombies. I've written over 18,000 words in four days and my target is 60,000 to 70,000 words - a short novel. My books tend to grow as I write them. (Getting off that first page is the hardest thing! Then it becomes easier.) So 18,000 words means I'm about 30% done. I know I probably cannot keep up that writing pace. I actually wrote 10,000 words in the first 24 hours. Now, I'm averaging a bit less than that. I hope you like 'The Terror' when it comes out. Keep an eye on http://www.richardhowesbooks.com/ for excerpts.

I've decided that this book will be an ebook for kindle, nook, ibooks, and lulu, plus maybe a few others. If it does well there I will consider putting it as POD, such as on createspace.com along side The Killer's Co-op. On THAT note, I've got to get Killer's Co-op onto lulu, and nook, and ibooks.

Hope you are all well.

Richard

PS: I've got a new follower... AnnaC. Hi AnnaC. Please write some feedback. What genre of books do you like to read?

No comments:

Post a Comment